Monday, June 14, 2010

...It's a winding road...but it shall be made straight...

Ok...so a few weeks ago I went on a camping trip to Bennett Springs, MO with my best friend, Josh. We absolutely had a blast and I caught my first trout! But as we drove I thought much on my road of life I have been on lately...sorry, not trying to draw on some cheesy illustration here but it did make me think...

The roads of Bennett are curvy and on the way down we took a new highway section not on GPS...it was quite funny to watch the little monster truck get confused on the screen. Nonetheless, we made it down and back safely. But, lately my life has seemed just like this...call it a search for heart if you want...or call it just life...

"We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God; those who are called according to His purpose" Romans 8:28

A familiar passage for most of us, this passage shines some new light on my heart at this point in life. I have been on a seemingly, windy road...over the last year I have battled some anxiety and depression at times...today, I am not completely immune to those for certain things draw them out...but I stand on the fact that Christ will sustain me...it's His promise to us all...

I don't take lightly Proverbs 3: 5-6...I am riveted to Him, my path will become straight because He guides me. As Jesus was fully God and fully human I can trust He fully sympathizes with my weakest points...all so He can sustain and grow me and make me stronger.

On the other side of this I will be a better man...every day I will be a better man than the day before. I am embarking on a new chapter...no longer a youth pastor, but now leading up a new singles ministry at my new church God is opening doors and shutting others...I am so grateful for His guidance as I patiently but recklessly follow His plan...this road may be winding and tough to navigate...but just as Josh and I made it home safely...so will I...

...ALL because of HIM...

No comments: